Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Winter Cruise Blog: My trip on the Megabus

Ahhh, the sun, the sand, the pretty beaches. There is nothing like a good vacation. This January I decided well, I'm going to leave the cold and travel down to the Bahamas for some nice weather. I overall enjoyed the trip but there were some cons to the whole thing.

Well, this cruise I was on the Enchantment of the Seas for five days. Its a Royal Caribbean cruise ship and my first time on this particular cruise line. I was really excited.

For this trip we took the Megabus to Orlando. Now, I have read, read, read and read how to get from Orlando Lynx Bus station to Port Canaveral. I read somewhere that you can take a $25 shuttle to the Port. Well, that information is not correct. Not at all. After the 8 hour ride on a squished bus behind a stinky man we arrived at Lynx Bus station, only to ride the city bus 45 minutes to the airport. Once I arrived at the airport I was thinking ok here is where I take the $25 shuttle. Wrong again........When we arrived at the airport we were told we would have to take the Royal Caribbean shuttle to Port Canaveral, another 45 minutes. It cost $37. Needless to say I was tired of buses and sitting down by the time I got to the Port.

I was extremely annoyed with the megabus on my way down. On the way home, I had the seat to myself and it was bearable. The price was ok and I probably ended up saving some money but at the end of the of the day, I probably won't take the megabus anymore. The hassle was just too much. Prefer to just drive or fly.     

No comments:

Post a Comment