Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pattern Review of McCall's 6960

Hello Everyone,

I recently made another shirt pattern. McCall's 6960. This was an easy shirt pattern and it came out really well. I made some minor adjustments and even added a low-high theme, instead of high-low. I detail all about it in the review. 

I love this fabric.

Pattern Description: Plus size woman shirt

Pattern Sizing: Lrg-XXL (16-26)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Ummm.... kinda I made some adjustments.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes this shirt came together rather quickly.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Fabric Used: I used this chiffon type fabric. It's kinda see through.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added two darts to the back and did not cut the back on the fold. Instead I added a center back seam. To make up for my rounded back. The shirt is longer in the back and shorter in the front on the pattern. Well, I wanted to be different and made it longer in the front and shorter in the back.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I would sew again. Maybe with a different type of fabric. I would recommend to others.

Conclusion: This shirt is pretty simple I had to make some minor adjustments, but overall I am pleased. The low-high thing I tried to do makes the shirt look strange on me. That's my own fault. My material is beautiful but next time it won't be a see-through shirt.


I love this material but I didn't love it in this case. My mom gave it to me. She got it from the ASG conference.




Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment