Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pattern Review of McCalls 6569

Summer isn't quite over for me folks. I just finished this swimsuit cover up and I plan on wearing it.

Pattern Description: Swimsuit and cover up pattern

Pattern Sizing: 12-14-16-18-20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes for the most part!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked how easy this came together. It literally came together so quick, I couldn’t believe it was done. The only thing I didn’t like is it only came in smaller sizes.

Fabric Used: I used lace, because I’m cool like that.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added a center back seam as I do with all my garments. Since the pattern isn’t in my size I added some inches across.

Would you sew it again?  Yes I would in a heartbeat! Would you recommend it to others? Yes, if you want a cover up.


Conclusion: Overall this was a great pattern. Easy to use, the cover up came together beautifully. I am so happy with the project. Plus my lace set it off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment