Tuesday, February 25, 2014

McCall's 6612 Review

YIPEEEE!!!! I finally completed something! Take a look. McCall's 6612.



Pattern Description: This was a fairly easy knit dress. I choose a short version of View D

Pattern Sizing: 18w-24w

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes they really were

 What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I always make sure I get enough fabric. I always get a little extra but even with my extra it wasn’t enough for the collar. So my mom did the collar and had to improvise.

Fabric Used: Jersey Knit

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I started with a muslin, because I have rounded shoulders I cut the back into two pieces instead of cutting it on the fold. I also added more in the butt region.

Would you sew it again? Yes, it was very easy and makes a great dress. Would you recommend it to others? Yes I would


Conclusion: I love this dress and got some great compliments on it. I will be making another one, just make sure to get a little extra because the collar is huge!!
Sooo very proud!
I love this dress. It is a great fabric and a perfect go to dress. I wore it to dinner at a casual seafood restaurant. I got many compliments! I will make again, and again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment