Monday, October 13, 2014

Back On My Grind



I'm not one of those types of people to make resolutions. I mean I do, but my weight loss can't wait until New Year's. So, I'm back on my weight loss grind. I've been trying new recipes, tracking my food, and being more food conscious. I was able to stock up on fruits and veggies this weekend so I've been eating much better this week. So here's a look at what I've been eating. 

Fluffy Cream Cheese Dip 



I made a fluffy cream cheese dip to have as a snack on fruit or even cinnamon tortilla chips. Now, its much better to make your own chips but, I didn't.....next time I will. 

Love my slow cooker!
So, I have a love affair with my slow cooker. I L-O-V-E it!!! Its amazing to me, I spend about ten minutes in the morning prepping some foods and when I get home, its ready. Fall is perfect for it too, because I love soups and stews when its cold out! Of course you can make so much other stuff in the Crock-Pot! I have a big Crock-Pot with a timer, then I have a little one that I make my sides in. Check this out..... I cut up and peeled three sweet potatoes, I sliced two apples, added cinnamon and a little oil to my little Crock-Pot. I cooked it on low for about 5 hours and BAM!! I had Sweet Potato Apple Bake, and it came out delicious.  


I had it for breakfast with sausage and a green smoothie!
Then one morning I got up and decided to put some turkey wings in the slow cooker. I used some turkey gravy, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, and the turkey wings and cooked it slow for 8 hours. Man, it was good, once I got home I added some yellow rice and cooked it for another hour. Talk about fall off the bone good. I eat it again with the sweet potato apple bake and it was divine.  


All in all I had a good week last week. I didn't eat out as much because I cooked most days and always had leftovers. So, yeah....I'm back on my grind.




No comments:

Post a Comment