Monday, October 20, 2014

Pattern Review of McCall's 6780

Pattern Review of 6780


So this is a special post to me. I made this adorable little girls vest with one of my good friends in mind. His daughter is 4 and I wanted to make this for her. She has a 3 year old sister as well but I didn't really think of making one for her. Well, as it turns out I made it too small for the older girl so this ended up being for the 3 year old. I am still finishing the vest for the 4 year old. Things always work out so smoothly, NOT!
I am really proud of myself!
So JoAnn's had this cute faux fur on sale and I knew that was going to be for my girl. I mean its pink, how can anyone resist. Now I got a yard but all that wasn't even needed, I am in love with kids clothes now. You can do so much with so little. All in all, it took me about 3 hours to complete the vest. Check my review below.



Pattern Description:Toddler vest, top, skirt and pants 

Pattern Sizing:1-2-3-4

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes I'd like to think so.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, they were so straight forward and easy. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked how quick it came together. It took me like 3 hours. 

Fabric Used: Faux fur and a cotton lining. 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:Nope

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes I would sew again and I would recommend to others.

Conclusion: Overall this was a great, simple, easy pattern. I had no real challenges and it came together quickly as well. I will make others like this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment