Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pattern Review: Butterick 5959


WELCOME TO FALL!!

Greetings Everyone,
I recently made me a cape. And I love it. I haven't been able to wear it yet, but its coming. I picked out the prettiest fabric from JoAnn's and when I tell you this cape is beautiful, man. I am so proud. Here's the review.


JoAnn's made me smile with this one!

Pattern Description: Misses Wrap and Cape

Pattern Sizing: LRG-XLG-XXL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, probably better!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes for the most part

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I didn't like the collar, it was kind of confusing. Other than that this pattern rocks!

Fabric Used: A beautiful fleece. Check out the pics, you will agree. 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added to the front, I like long fronts

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I would sew this again in a heartbeat. I would recommend this cape to others. Its fast and soooooo warm!

Conclusion: I love this cape. Its my first one and I am very proud. I sat in a sewing meeting and basically completed it and finished it the next day. So, it takes about 2 hours. Its very simple and perfect for fall. 


 I really enjoyed this pattern, it was quick and easy. I did most of it in my ASG sewing meeting. So all in all it took me about 2 hours. I am a slow sewer though. Overall, this is great to whip up to stay warm and fashionable during the fall. I can't wait to wear it and show off. 


Betty rocking the cape!

















No comments:

Post a Comment